It is my policy to respect your privacy regarding any information I may collect from you or which you may provide to me, in the circumstances set out below.
I will only collect and use your personal data where:
- I have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with my legal obligations;
- I have legitimate interests in using your personal data, and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), I, Marie-Nicole Ryan, am the “data controller.” If you have any questions about this policy or about how I use your personal data, please contact me via my contact details at the end of this policy and elsewhere on my website.
- Personal data I collect via my website, marienicoleryan.com
(TO TELL THE TRUTH, I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO COLLECT DATA, BUT I'M INCLUDING ALL THIS VERBIAGE BECAUSE I'M SUPPOSED TO.)
Personal data that you provide to me:
I only collect personal data where you choose to interact with me on the website in the following way when you sign up to join my mailing list: Name and email address.
Data that the website or my mailing list facilitator collects automatically:
This information is automatically collected when you visit my website—such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. I do not link this information with any of your personal data. To my knowledge, my website collects no cookies from you that are within my power either to view or remove. My web host, GoDaddy.com, has placed an appropriate “we collect cookies” notice on my web site.
- Use of your personal data
I will only use your personal data when the law allows me to. Most commonly, I use your personal data to:
- process and manage your use of my website;
- respond to your questions, comments, and requests;
- where you have opted-in to receive marketing from me, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences or may be of interest to you;
- improve my website through analysis of information.
I take your privacy seriously and will not share your personal data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
I share personal data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on my behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to me. These third parties are limited to the mailing list facilitators I use to send you newsletters and/or Advance Reading Copies of my books. I specifically do not share your personal data with other individuals, with Facebook or Google Adwords, or with any other entity. This is my promise to you.
I have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with the third parties with whom I share your personal data as described above and who are providing services or functions on my behalf.
- Keeping your personal data secure
I have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the personal data I collect. I maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard personal data from accidental loss, destruction, or damage and unauthorized access, use, and disclosure.
- Retention periods for use of your personal data
This website and my novels are aimed at adults, and I do not knowingly collect any personal data relating to children aged under 16 years old. If you are under the age of 16, please do not provide me with any of your personal data, including your email address.
- Access to and control over your personal data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your personal data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting me via email at email@example.com or via my postal address: 619 Barrett Blvd. Henderson, KY 42420, Kentucky, U.S.A.
- see what personal data I hold about you (if any), including why I am holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
- ask me to change/correct your personal data;
- ask me to delete your personal data;
- object to the processing of your personal data;
- ask me to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- withdraw any consents you have given me to the processing of your personal data; and
- express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your personal data.
- Change of purpose
I will only use your personal data for the purposes for which I collected it, unless I reasonably consider that I need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact me. If I need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, I will notify you and I will explain the legal basis which allows me to do so.
- Contact me
619 Barrett Blvd., Henderson, KY, 42420, U.S.A.